Terms and Service
Acceptance of Terms
Modifications to the Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. You can find the most recent version of the TOU at: Terms and Service
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that StressPile does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the StressPile site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of StressPile. StressPile makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will StressPile be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that StressPile does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that StressPile shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the TOU or for any other reason.
Third Party Content, Sites, and Services
The StressPile site and Content available through the Service may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of StressPile, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that StressPile shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that StressPile is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release StressPile, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Notification of Claims of Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify StressPile's agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement ("Agent"), at abuse@StressPile.com
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- Identify the material on the StressPile site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address. and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
StressPile will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the the procedures outlined in the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Provacy and Information Disclosure
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way.
- That is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person.
- That harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- That violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunitylaws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement foremployment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion,sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- That impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a StressPile employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.)
- That includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent.
- That is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes "bait and switch".
- That infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- That constitutes or contains "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- That constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if: posted in areas of the StressPile sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to StressPile users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
- That includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in "services".
- That advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by California law.
- That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- That disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Service. or
- That employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose.
- "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone.
- Collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service - unless expressly permitted by StressPile.
- Post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Post the same item or service in more than one classified category or forum, or in more than one metropolitan area.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to StressPile's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the StressPile website. or
- Use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on StressPile without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
- Use any form of automated device or computer program ("flagging tool")that enables the use of StressPile's "flagging system" or other community moderation systems without each flag being manually entered by the person that initiates the flag (an "automated flagging device"), or use the flagging tool to remove posts of competitors, or to remove posts without a good faith belief that the post being flagged violates these TOU.
Limitations of Service
You acknowledge that StressPile may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that StressPile has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that StressPile reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that StressPile shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Termination of Service
You agree that StressPile, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if StressPile believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. Further, you agree that StressPile shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 10-16 shall survive termination of the TOU.
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of StressPile. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of StressPile, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. STRESSPILE is a registered mark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Although StressPile does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to StressPile an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant StressPile all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
Disclaimer of Warrnties
You agree that use of the stresspile site and the service is entirely at your own risk. the stresspile application and the service are provided on an "as is" or "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind. all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law. to the fullest extent permitted by law, stresspile disclaims any warranties for the security, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, and performance of the stresspile site and the service. to the fullest extent permitted by law, stresspile disclaims any warranties for other services or goods received through or advertised on the stresspile site or the sites or service, or accessed through any links on the stresspile site. to the fullest extent permitted by law, stresspile disclaims any warranties for viruses or other harmful components in connection with the stresspile application or the service. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitations of Liability
Under no circumstances shall stresspile be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if stresspile has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any aspect of your use of the stresspile application or the service, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the stresspile site or the service, from inability to use the stresspile site or the service, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the stresspile site or the service. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in connection with the stresspile site or the service or any links on the stresspile site, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the stresspile site or the service or any links on the stresspile site. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold StressPile, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the TOU, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
The TOU constitute the entire agreement between you and StressPile and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and StressPile. The TOU and the relationship between you and StressPile shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and StressPile agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York. The failure of StressPile to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOU remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.